It’s officially one month into the fall season of television. This is a very exciting time. Big decisions are made. Some we regret, others we will stand by until the bitter end. The first three to four weeks of a season will make or break a show. Story arches are started, characters are introduced, and opinions are developed. If flaws and kinks are not fixed in 4 episodes or less, chances are you’ve lost your viewership.
The decisions we make this coming week will change our lives. Our schedules, our dvrs, and our social lives will be directly affected. For the next nine months we will live with the decisions we’ve made this week. With such monumental decisions on your horizon, i’m here to make it a little easier.
This week I’m going to let you in on what I’ve been watching…the good, the bad, and the guilty pleasures. Hopefully it will help you decide what your next 9 months look like.
If you aren’t watching modern family at this point, you are obviously living under a rock. You don’t need me to tell you that one…didn’t you watch the Emmys? Yeah, try to catch up and add this to your list.
Detective stabler is gone and Olivia is a bitter bitch. She’s taking elliott’s leaving pretty hard and is determined to show his 2 new replacements that they’ll never be good enough to replace him.
Here’s the deal, SVU. We love the show because we love the detectives. Making Olivia unlikable is NOT going to help us viewers get past the loss of Elliott stabler. This past week gives me a glimmer of hope for the rest of the season though, as long as things continue in this direction.
The one thing that was done amazingly right this season was the premiere. I was anxious to see what ridiculous way the writes were going to use to get rid of stabler, but instead I was pleasantly surprised by the tasteful and respectful exit of my favorite detective on TV.
GaC says…this will always be on my watch list…but more as a time filler than a must-watch-every-week sort of deal.
Up all night
Admittedly, I had no desire to watch this one. I likened it to running Wilde in my head and was ready to write it off. And then a funny thing happened…I enjoyed the first episode. Not in a laugh out loud sort of way, but more like an aw, that’s cute sort of way. Maya rudolf annoyed the he’ll out of me, but luckily she wasn’t as main of a character as the ads made her out to be. So I figured, hell, I’ll give week two a try. And low and behold it was still cute and Maya rudolf didn’t drive me quite so crazy. Here I am a month later and still finding it cute. Don’t get me wrong, it’s no parks and rec, but it will leave you smiling.
Omg, favorite new guilty pleasure. I wasn’t really sure what I was getting ng into with this one, but told myself I needed to watch if, if for no other reason than to write about it. Think gossip girl, but 10 years later. The intrigue and scandal a bit more mature, thought out, and justified. The show centralizes on a girl plotting revenge on the people who unrightfully brought down her father. She attacks them each so skillfully and thought out that you can’t help but cheer for her.
GaC says…grab your two buck chuck for this one because Revenge is best served with red wine and chocolates!
Cool job opp for a personal assistant position…
A NON-SMOKING, FASHIONABLE Personal Assistant is needed for a busy, high profile, very down to earth Grammy Award Winning Musician/Actor in the Entertainment Industry. This position requires someone who is business savvy but youthful and has a full understanding of what it takes to be a Personal Assistant to a very busy Celebrity. You should possess a nurturing, compassionate and very personable disposition. Be comfortable as a caregiver with natural instincts; nothing over-bearing, just the basics.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Make sure to always know ARTIST whereabouts and movements as necessary.
- Assist ARTIST in completing all outstanding commitments (press calls, interviews, etc) by not only reminding him of deadlines, but also checking in along the way and updating him of any and all applicable changes necessary for completion.
- Brief Artist before arriving to any event on all need-to-know information.
- Handle light administrative tasks including faxing, sending and receiving packages, downloading music, going over e-mails with the Artist and printing out documents for signature as directed by Management.
- Handle daily personal needs for Artist including all meals, personal shopping, packing for travel, etc. and all errands as requested.
- Comfortable with coordinating wardrobe ”looks” for daily wear, routine performances and travel. Wardrobe maintenance (dry cleaning, laundry, repairs)
- Be a willing ear to listen to Artist new creative developments while creating new music projects as well as helping Artist to prepare for movie auditions; including script readings, internet research and shopping for audition wardrobe.
- MINIMUM 2 years as a Celebrity Personal Assistant or Personal Assistant to a HIGH NET WORTH INDIVIDUAL necessary.
Unfortunately I am not qualified for this as I am a chain smoking slob who is over-bearing, lacks compassion and has no experience with a high net worth individual. But feel free to apply here: JOB-168245-E8@entertainmentcareers.net